Resources for Patients


Utah Department of Workforce Services: Apply for Unemployment Insurance, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), Financial Assistance.


Utahns can get help enrolling in health insurance through Take Care Utah or by calling 2-1-1

Getting Care if Uninsured:

Find a Community Health Center - Community Health Centers provide care for uninsured on a sliding fee scale.


Utah Division of Aging and Adult Services is leveraging existing infrastructure and opening up their phone line and services to any high-risk adults living at home who may need help meeting their basic needs. Services include: Wellness check-ins, Grocery Assistance (includes assistance in accessing other essential supplies - prescriptions, etc.), Drive Thru/grab and go meals for older adults (a response to increased need, and due to the closure of senior centers/congregate meals). Using existing partnerships, reaching out to long term care facilities to provide knowledge and support, Collaboration with the disability network. More info here, and info for reaching offices around the state can be found here. The number to access their services is 1-877-424-4640 (1-877-4AGING0).


United Way 2-1-1 Information and Referral (Utah): Statewide resource and referral helpline, available by phone, search function, or online chat. 2-1-1 keeps a current data base of nearly all public and charitable organizations able to help those economically affected by the COVID-19 pandemic

United Way 2-1-1 Information and Referral (National): United Way Worldwide, based out of Washington DC, is continually updating a list of resources available about COVID-19 and assistance available to those economically impacted by the pandemic.

Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements: From the U.S. Department of Labor The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.[1] The Department of Labor’s (Department) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) administers and enforces the new law’s paid leave requirements. These provisions will apply from the effective date through December 31, 2020. More info here.


Emotional Health Relief Hotline
Intermountain Healthcare has launched the Emotional Health Relief Hotline for Utah health professionals and community members. The hotline is a free resource for those seeking emotional health guidance during these uncertain times. Callers are connected with a trained caregiver who can provide appropriate self-care tools, peer supports, treatment options, crisis resources, and more. The hotline has been developed in close collaboration with state partners, including the Department of Human Services and the University of Utah Health’s UNI Crisis Line. It’s available 7 days a week, from 10 am to 10 pm. The phone number is 833.442.2211


Information about access to health care for immigrants and their family members, including new funding that Congress recently made available for coronavirus testing.

Immigrants Rising is providing updates of services and support during the pandemic.

The organization, My Undocumented Life, has been compiling a list of resources for immigrants on their website.


As public health emergencies intensify around the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs is working closely with other state and local agencies to elevate the unique concerns and impacts that the outbreak has on underserved, underrepresented, and systemically marginalized populations. More information at


The Utah Food Bank keeps an updated list of food pantries and prepared meal programs across the state


A new rental assistance program is available for Utahns. Tenants who cannot pay their rent should call 2-1-1 to get information on how and where to apply. If accepted, the funds are sent directly to their landlord. Additionally, undocumented workers, who have had little relief throughout the pandemic, can qualify for help.


Help for people in abusive relationships can be found by contacting:


Check for the latest information: No action needed by most people at this time

WASHINGTON – The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service today announced that distribution of economic impact payments will begin in the next three weeks and will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people. However, some seniors and others who typically do not file returns will need to submit a simple tax return to receive the stimulus payment.