ONLINE: Safe Opioid Prescribing CME
How do you stack up on prescribing?
Register now for this FREE special training session for UAFP members.
Date/Time: April 7, 2020 @ 6:00pm
Comagine Health has partnered with Utah Department of Health (UDOH) Violence and Injury Prevention Program (VIPP) to provide updates on the controlled substance database (CSD) and the most recent and important practices related to patient safety, pain management and opioid prescribing.
During the session you will learn how to:
- Access the Controlled Substance Database prior to prescribing
- Reduce the number of opioid pills prescribed for acute conditions
- Increase use of naloxone overdose reversal kits
- Recognize substance misuse and/or addition, and intervene
- Ensure all patients that are prescribed chronic controlled substances are safe
This training is approved by Utah Division of Occupational Licensing (DOPL) for 1 hour of credit (3.5 total required) towards mandatory Controlled Substance database training requirements
HealthInsight New Mexico is accredited by the New Mexico Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. HealthInsight New Mexico designates this Prescriber-specific opioid safety education training for maximum of [1.0] AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) tm. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity