FAMILY MEDICINE ADVOCACY ROTATION
Whether you are completing an advocacy rotation as a resident or just want to learn more about becoming a healthcare policy advocate, you can utilize the following resources to gain more insight into civic engagement as a medical professional.
Advocacy Action Ideas
- Choose one of the top UAFP bills from the last legislative session and follow the progress it takes through the session from introduction to enrollment or defeat.
- Write a letter-to-the-editor or Op-Ed on a healthcare issue you are passionate about. Submit it to the Salt Lake Tribune or Deseret News.
- Examples: pandemic response, immunizations, importance of primary care, etc.
- Write a letter to an elected official detailing your support or opposition to a current action being taken on an important health care issue.
- Examples: their support for overturning the ACA, work requirements for Medicaid, universal care, pandemic action, etc.
- Attend/listen to a Utah Legislative Session
- Regular Session (held end of January thru mid-March)
- Interim Sessions (held May, June, August, September, and October)
- Health and Human Services Interim Committee
- Social Services Appropriations
- Write a blog for UAFP social media. Contact Maryann Martindale for more details.
BECOME A MEMBER
Save time and money, connect with your colleagues, and give your specialty a voice.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be the first to know about our latest news, events, and other happenings. Join the UAFP mailing list now!