The Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine is looking for volunteers to serve on their Interview Committee. Below is the service description and time commitment for the Interview Committee.
Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) –Interviewers will meet applicants one-on-one virtually via Zoom through the AMP Interviewer portal. Interviews are accessed from a laptop or PC (dual screens will be helpful as you interview and rank applicants). Reliable internet, privacy, and a distraction-free environment are required.
· Interview, rank, and comment on applicants on select Interview Day(s) using the AMP Interview Portal and a single prompt (questions) with a specific rubric.
· Interview Days occur on most Mondays and Fridays from September 2023 through December 2023 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm MST.
· Interviewers meet with 10 applicants for 8 minute sessions.
· Make-up interviews as needed if technical issues arise on the applicant or interviewer’s side. (This time is accounted for in the 9-12 schedule)
· Schedule at least 3 interview days via the AMP Interview Portal.
· You will be required to complete a virtual training session and sign the Participant Confidentiality Agreement Policy with the Admissions Office prior to participation.
· Interview service appointments are for 1 year. You must have an active University ID (Affiliate access can be arranged for community members).
· Volunteers with strong ties to an applicant (partner, child, sibling, etc.) planning to apply for entry into medical school in the current application year should refrain from participation to avoid a conflict of interest.
Please complete the following survey to indicate your interest. We will follow up with next steps. https://utah.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3gEJsCMcDeAo2bk
If you have further questions, please contact Michael Chen (Michael.email@example.com) who currently serves on the selection committee.